So, some of my DNA testing results are finally starting to come in. So far I am a Maternal line: J2B1A
I am a bit surprised and not surprised. I don’t have my entire Ancestry composition, but basically a my category is a subgroup of the J category, which might make more sense (Slovak, likely).
Here’s what my profile says:
- Haplogroup: J2, a subgroup of J
- Age: more than 20,000 years
- Region: Europe, Near East
- Example Populations: Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian
- Highlight: J2 may have entered Britain with invading Anglo-Saxons.
Both sides, my father and mother certainly were heavy with German heritage. So, apparently I’m not as Irish/Welsh as we might have thought, but favor the more Slovakian German side.
This is all the composition results yet, so I will update later as more come in.