St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, August 04, 2006

Book Meme



Mahalo to my friend Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii; she's tagged me with the Book Meme.

So here goes:


1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:

The Art of Natural Family Planning (no kidding!) John & Sheila Kippley


2. ONE BOOK THAT YOU'VE READ MORE THAN ONCE:

The Privilege of Being a Woman, by Dr. Alice von Hildebrand


3. ONE BOOK YOU'D WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND:

In Conversation with God, (any one of the seven volumes); Fr. Francis Fernandez .


4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH:

Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! by Susie Lloyd


5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY:

A Dog of Flanders by Ouida (try it, you'll agree)


6. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN:

...Hmm, can I get back to you on this one...???


7. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN:

The Brady Bunch Files, by Lauren Johnson


8. ONE BOOK YOU'RE CURRENTLY READING:

Saint Catherine Laboure and the Miraculous Medal (Vision Books) Yes, one of my children's books!


9. ONE BOOK YOU'VE BEEN MEANING TO READ:

Rise, Let Us Be on Our Way by Pope John Paul II


10. TAG FIVE OTHERS:

Parente Adventures
The Flying Buttress
A Gypsy Caravan
Life is Beauty
Sweetness and Light
AND:
Cay's Cajun Cottage!


4 comments:

EC Gefroh said...

I have to get that book Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! BTW, I love the Vision Books. I was collecting them for a while. I still have a few more to get though. Good list!

Home School Mom: Denise said...

Yes, the Vision books are good. We also like the Mary Fabyan Windeatt saint stories, especially the one on St. Thomas Aquinas - it's a good one for young people.

Susie Lloyd (Please Don't drink the Holy Water) is an enjoyable writer, (and a homeschooling mom of many daughters). She writes often for Latin Mass magazine and I look forward to her articles.

Blessings!
Denise

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't tag me!
Whaaaa!!! :) Just kidding...well, maybe. ;)

Home School Mom: Denise said...

You know, I thought about you first and figured you'd been tagged already!
Ok, that's it, we know The Flying Buttress will take forever :) Sorry Tomas!
I'm adding you to the tag! No one said there were any rules to this blog game - and one participant tagged anyone that read their Meme.

This is like a baker's dozen: a book reader's half a dozen!
Blessings,
Denise