St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, April 10, 2009

Faith in the Risen Lord

It's been several months since I've last left off.....this is due to an illness that overtook our 9 yr old son after the first of the year. February and March were very difficult. Michael had a terrible flu - virus lasting at least 6 weeks; he ended up at the Children's hospital. He is doing better now, but it's been very slow going. As a result he has acid reflux. He was also diagnosed with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder. Both of these health issues leave him feeling pretty horrible in the mornings. We long suspected some kind of anxiety disorder, and OCD did not come as a surprise. It has been a tough battle here, but with hope and faith we feel we are resurrecting this Easter with our Risen Lord, to new life. I ask your prayers for our family; it has been a hard year, getting our oldest ready for college (this upcoming Fall), and dealing with a very ill child and our regular responsibilites both at home and church. I feel I have neglected many areas of my life, but priorities first! Michael is undergoing therapy at this point for the OCD,(no medication); he is learning coping techniques; but he is very anxious and very nervous, and it makes it difficult here to do the normal things he/we have done, even such things as going to morning Mass. He is on medicine for the acid reflux and it has settled down some at this point.

In the meanwhile, as we adjust, I will attempt to keep my readers updated. I seem to at least be able to stay in touch through Facebook right now. But I sure miss my own blog and the favorite ones I've read for several years now.

God bless you all this Easter season! Enjoy a beautiful spring and keep in touch with me.

No comments: