St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pray for us…

OURLADYof carmel

I just finished the Novena of Our Lady of Mount Carmel and celebrated the feast day yesterday…..with all my intentions being directed to the healing of my son Mark.  I am at a loss of what more to do for him as he is still not completely well from his bout of cryptosporidium.  He still has some terrible muscle spasm/cramping left from it., half a dozen episodes an hour, that stops him in his tracks.  It might mean more testing, but after all he’s been through with this nasty bug over the last three weeks, I wish so much for him to be better and enjoy his summer.  He hasn’t even been able to swim yet :(

I’m going to try some homeopathy remedies for his cramping and boost his nutrients a bit (carefully as to not irritate his now delicate intestines).  I’m really hoping it’s just a matter of further rest and healing of his intestinal track as he’s done the only course of medicine they have available for this problem and has some prescription anti-spasm meds, all of which really just make him tired and grouchy above all. 

Lord, I really need you to reach down and touch this precious little boy, who is so innocent and whom we feel so desperate to help.  His autism seems to protect him from being whiny and feeling sorry for himself – so his ailment and what he suffers makes him all the more precious.  Please hear our prayers and heal him as only you can do Almighty Father.  In Christ Jesus, we pray.

1 comment:

True Daughter of Mary said...

Oh Denise, I am so sorry it has been so bad for little Mark!
Have you tried some yogurt? Not remembering at the moment if he has lactose issues...
I know when Doug had similar issues last fall due to too many antibiotics for a nasty infection, it really, really helped. He still eats a very good helping of yogurt every day...has taken away the cramping and really aided in digestion. You are in my prayers!