St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today is the the 2nd week, fourth day of home school new beginnings for us.  I think we are getting in the groove of how our school year will go.  So far, so good ….and my 13 year old’s Book Club learning support class (on line) is going really well.  He loves going into a virtual classroom with others his age, and listening to the teacher and discussing the literature for his medieval history course.  He has done beautifully so far.  The internet connection is a little glitchy…however…..for the price we pay for high speed internet here, and for as many times as it goes out…I’m thinking of switching to cable internet.  For the same price, it will be less glitchy and more reliable….looking into that today.

So, today I am thankful for being able to have signed back up with Mother of Divine Grace this year, and add the addition of an LS class for my 8th grader.

I am also grateful for my spiritual director and the advice to read – meditate on – the writings (revelations) of Julian of Norwich.  I downloaded her writings to my eReader yesterday (for .99 cents!)..110 pages worth.  So far, it is very deep and concentrated.  I think I will come away with a lot.  They are DEFINITELY Revelations of Divine Love of our Lord, no doubt!!

So…we’re off for a special day of just doing school, enjoying some of the beautiful fall weather outdoors and having dad home for dinner this evening. 

Make it a good day wherever you are.

No comments: