St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, January 11, 2013

Frivolous Friday

So, other than school today, which includes tests and pulling semester work together for sending off to our teacher reviewer, we have cleaning, grocery shopping and haircuts for boys, and myself.  It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a new cut, and I’m just going for conservative here….it’s long and grown out of shape, so I’m likely to just have it “shaped up” into a long bob as usual. Maybe this summer I’ll go for the much shorter stacked bob.  Did I mention I’m not a hair person?  I like no fuss simple hair and make-up and clothes.  And today, I’m definitely in military mode: chop chop,  let’s make this happen!!  (thank you to my Marine parents…)

Me now with the messy mop of hair:

Hair2Hair1

This is the last weekend for my older college kids to be home.  My daughter will be heading back to live at her lovely turn of the century dorm on campus, and our son will be moving back in our home for his final semester of college.  It’s hard to believe this is the last leg of his college for now.  He will graduate with his bachelor’s in Art, and minors in English Literature and Philosophy.  And while he has a lot to chose from in the art, art history, museum and studio productions line of art careers out there, I know he has his heart still set on being a cartoonist, and I’m sure he will find his way into doing that in time.  He has enjoyed being a licensed paid radio broadcaster for the college radio show with his own time slot and following for the last couple years as well, and has done voice over work for other radio networks, at request.  So he has several fields he could likely find employment in.

DJDOUG2012

Our daughter is still studying away with English literature and writing, and is employed by the college as a writing center consultant.  She is a bright bulb that one, and it’s been fun to watch her grow up before our eyes.  This last week she decided she’d like auburn hair now…a departure from her natural caramel blonde locks.  A before and after:

JamieXmas2012JamieAuburn2013

And so I’m off….to tackle this mission of motherhood today…in the rain…It’s 50 degrees, but unfortunately along with that came rain and wind.  Sigh.  I am ready for a super early spring this year! 

Have a great Friday and weekend ahead!

UPDATE:

Okay, so here’s the new hair later this day….

100_2456100_2461

No comments: