St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, May 14, 2007

Merry Mary May

I have been trying to post a comment to my friend Alice's blog and I'm not sure my new computer system is allowing me to. Still figuring this new system out! But, at any rate, I'd like to direct your attention to Alice's Cottage Blessings, for several reasons (there are some beautiful photos and thoughts there!), but primarily for the post on: Marian May Baskets, Then and Now. It is such a delightful and meaningful craft to partake in! I just did this again with my second graders at our parish, (First Communion Class). What a wonderful sacred item to produce for young ones. We enjoyed every minute of it, and love to look at these special baskets over and over.

Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us.



Later, I will post our special prayer/poem of Mary Star of the Sea that the children placed in their baskets.


Image of Our Lady, courtesy of Catholic-Forum

1 comment:

Alice Gunther said...

I can't thank you enough for this!!!

(I've been away, or you would have heard from me sooner!)