St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, July 22, 2011

Lazy hazy days of summer

I am so excited about this:   History Timeline/Notebook from Home School in the Woods…….it’s just so beautifully done.  I’m thrilled to use it this year with Michael and Mark.  And I also received the Primary Language Lessons in a workbook form listed in the same post I linked to above. It is a nice book that Mark will definitely benefit from.

In the meantime, while day dreaming about the school season ahead, I am preparing for our VBS. Today, while it’s pert near 100 degrees out, I’m lacing yarn through name tags and organizing craft materials.  This weekend our team meets for the last time before our VBS begins on August 1st.  This year we are doing Parade Around the Our Father with St Joseph of Cupertino.  Our wonderful young Deacon Jonas will portray the saint a bit for the children in the lesson’s station.  I think the carnival theme will be nice and different for the children this year.  We recreated Rome one year – catacombs and all, and last year, the high seas, so I’m ready for a parade!

Staying indoors and staying cool….working on patience and trust, letting go and letting God…….

No comments: