St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Simple Life with Complexities…

,..that’s how it seems lately.  Just the ordinary but with the challenges that seem to always creep up on us!

Some fun news – I found a document – a marriage license that gave a lot of information regarding some ancestors of mine.  It was an ENORMOUS find, because my father’s cousin Mary had been researching for 30 years to find such a thing to be able to find an origin of our Burg side of the family within Germany.  Well, it just happened.  Just like that….there is was at an LDS Church research site.  I knew Mary would be THRILLED, and I sent her the information right away.  SHE IS DELIGHTED!  So, I feel like if I don’t do another thing for mankind for a whole month….I’m good!  LOL

Some yukky news….My son Mark has had bouts of some intestinal problems plaguing him since late April.  I took him to his doctor and they seemed to think “virus” and would take a few weeks to clear up.  Well…a few weeks went by, and it did seem at one point to be cleared up, then it returned with a vengeance.  The poor guy!…he is so crampy!  I pushed for a stool sample test and what do you know..?  Yes, he has Cryptosporidium Infection.  I am very upset about this!  It is contracted through bad water.  I had told the doctor the original problem began after drinking water from a public fountain…In the end it was either the public water fountain, or an Icee Machine that had broke down, and was later up and running – perhaps not sterilized properly.  SO, the medicine isn’t anywhere within a 50 miles radius of here…yes.  SO, it should be in by 2 pm tomorrow.  I can’t wait to get him started on it, because he’s pretty miserable – and darn, that medicine better really come in!  I’m quite upset about this whole thing.

I began the Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel, as the feast is nearing on July 16th.  I’m mostly doing the special prayer for Mark.  And I need a new Scapular badly!  Hoping to pick one up soon. 

July is beginning to push by quickly….I am preparing for our parish’s vacation bible school and when that ends, it will only be a couple weeks until my older children will be starting back to college.  I can’t bear to think about it right now!!..really, between the finances – so stressed and stretched – and the dynamics of the home with special needs children…life can be someone un-enjoyable to me at  times.  I turn to our Lord for strength and perseverance.

Novena to Our Lady of Mount Carmel

2 comments:

Allison said...

O Denise, I hope your son is better soon!

Home School Mom: Denise said...

With the help of Our Lady of Mount Carmel, he is getting there, but it's been a long haul. He is just finishing the special medication Alinia and he is SLOWLY improving, but still has terrible intestinal cramping, which is so miserable. I'm going to see how he's doing by Sunday and then call on Monday if he seems not as far better as we had hoped. There are other treatments and anti-spasm meds we can give him to help him feel better. It's really a waiting game with this water parasite..I just hope he's almost out of it..I can't imagine going many more weeks like this! thanks for thinking of us :)