St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, March 20, 2015

The Ten Commandments - TV movie

This movie is not for the faint of heart....and it is rated PG-13, (violence); but I will say it is the most realistic epic of Moses that I have ever seen in my lifetime thus far.  Dougray Scott does an excellent job portraying the man that "I am who am" talks to and directs to free the Israelites.  Really quite incredible, and the parting of the Red sea and journey through it is worth watching the movie for sure! It originally aired as a Hallmark presentation nearly a decade ago now, and it has haunted me ever since.  I re-watched it the other night (it is very long, 3 hours...so I watched half and half).  I am ever so awe stricken by this tale of Moses and his people.   I am again so impressed, I order five copies of the DVD!...yes, you heard it, 5, to give away to a few of our bible study couples and for Easter.   

You can find it here:  The Ten Commandments; with Dougray Scott as Moses


You can also view this movie, in two parts, by visiting: IMBd    Be sure to watch for part 1, and part 2 (over to the right hand side of the site).  It does have several commercial interruptions, but it is free for the viewing.

No comments: