St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saint Pio


While my older brother believes that his special novena to St. Joseph was what landed me my husband, I always contributed the intercession of Padre Pio to that one. Ok, perhaps both saintly men had a part in bringing us together. At any rate, Padre Pio certainly played a large role in my husband's and my devotional life during the earliest years of our meeting and marriage. I can not look at an image of Padre Pio without being carried back to that time. We have several books in this home about his life, as well as prayer books and images. One such image is a beautiful charcoal sketch by an artist who I met briefly at a Catholic homeschooling seminar. Christifidelis, I think, was the name of the company she sold her handiwork under. Our oldest son, an aspiring artist himself, looks at that image often and ponders the quality and talent involved in it. It is an inspiration, but then again, the Padre himself is the biggest inspiration.

Saint Pio of Pietrelcina, Pray for Us!




"And you, Blessed Padre Pio, look down from heaven upon us assembled in this square and upon all gathered in prayer before the Basilica of Saint John Lateran and in San Giovanni Rotondo. Intercede for all those who, in every part of the world, are spiritually united with this event and raise their prayers to you. Come to the help of everyone; give peace and consolation to every heart. Amen!"

from the homily of Pope John Paul II at the beatification of Padre Pio

No comments: