St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Thursday, May 11, 2006


Dear Lord,
When the pressures of life seem overwhelming, when my daily duties yield little fruit, when I have worked hard at relationships to no avail......I grow discouraged. I lose heart. Fortitude wanes. I become disheartened. In these moments when I am rocked by the waves of life, steady me. Draw me close to Your Sacred Heart. Anchor me in Your love. Give me the stamina to stand firm, the grace to hope again, and the faith to know You will never leave me. Amen.


(Grace-Filled Moments, Benkovic)


May 12: Yes, a few of you have noticed that this prayer has been posted before. You might be able to tell what kind of mood I'm in by it :) I do find it helpful in expressing that challenge of acceptance, when relationships are perhaps not going as well as they could and you are ready to throw in the towel. Later, I'd like to talk a little about such relationships, using St. Mark the Evangelist as an example.

God bless!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Praying for you!