I have been tagged for the Marriage Meme by my friend Esther. Mahalo!
Marriage is a beautiful sacrament!
1. Where/How did you meet?
We met in the choir at our church (same church we've attended for the last twenty-four years).
2. How long have you known each other?
3. How long after you met did you start dating?
We started to date a few months after we met.
4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
About nine months.
5. How long was your engagement?
Only about 6 months.
6. How long have you been married?
18 years since last October.
7. What is your anniversary?
8. How many people came to your wedding reception:
We sent out around 280 invitations - so probably just a bit short of that.
9. What kind of cake did you serve?
Both white and chocolate - but all with white icing and rose/pink roses and details.
10. Where was your wedding?
St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church, Minerva, Ohio
The reception was at the:
Great Trail Tee House, Minerva, Oh
11. What did you serve for your meal?
It was a brunch of rigatoni, chicken, beef, and all the extras.
12. How many people were in your bridal party?
8 total: 1 Matron of Honor, 1 bridesmaids, 3 flower girls, 1 ringbearer, 1 groomsmen, 1 best men.
13. Are you still friends with them all?
Yes, we are. Some were family.
14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
When my husband's Barbershop Chorus sang at our reception that afternoon.
16. Any funny moments?
Yes, a few of the Barbershop Chorus numbers!
17. Any big disasters?
No, everything was wonderful (as far as I know!)
18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
19. How long were you gone?
20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
Something I would not have had control over: the fall colors! I would have liked more of them! We had been through a drought that summer into fall and Ohio is usually beautifully colored by the time in October we were married - but alas, it wasn't as colorful that fall of 1988.
21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
22. What size is your bed?
23. Greatest strength as a couple?
Our Faith - our families and our church community.
24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
My husband's work schedule, and homeschooling.
25. Who literally pays the bills?
I pay them -- as in writing out the checks - but his income cover them as I don't work outside the home.
26. What is your song?
Side by Side!
27. What did you dance your first dance to?
We didn't have dancing that afternoon - just enjoyment of a barbershop chorus singing.
28. Describe your wedding dress: Victorian-style cover with lace and white beads - and some opalescent detail. High neck in back with sleeves tapering into a V at the top of wrist/hand. Veil: light and airy, with pearls, white and faintly baby pink roses. Accessories: white pearl choker necklace and pearl drop earrings.
29. What kind of flowers did you have at your wedding?
Red roses with pink miniature carnations and baby breath; burgundy ribbons.
30. Are your wedding bands engraved?
Anyone is invited to do this one -- but how about Barbara, Meredith and Alice if they haven't been tagged yet?