St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Update for Saturday, post VBS

First, let me say I’m very excited regarding the status of the project to my right-------------->--------------------->------------------>---------------->--------------> see it there?  It is nearly at 100% !!!!  yay!!!  Please consider funding this great project for this autistic young man.  It is such a wonderful project and I’m thrilled to be part of it.

So, what HAVE I been doing the last 10 days since I last posted??  Well, better to ask what have NOT been doing?!  Yes, it’s been that busy.  Although plans for VBS began in April, It took two hard weeks of VBS prep (including the actual week) and we pulled it off.  It is always bittersweet to leave VBS the last day – both happy and sad.  Still, I must move because there is a lot of preparation ahead for the new PSR year, all the behind the scenes prep has been months in the making and will be presented at the PSR teacher meeting this week.  A few new programs, new dynamics and some new teachers on board.  I think it will be a delightful successful year.

I have also begun my job!…after all the training.  I actually still have a tad of training left to do.  But all is well.  It is a bit challenging, but I don’t do well at boring jobs anyway :)

So, I caught up with real life today – laundry, cleaning, groceries, errands…I’d love to kick back and relax and watch a movie.  We are expecting company from New Jersey this week, a friend of my daughter’s that she met one summer after another at Catholic Familyland.  This young man has now graduated from high school and is actually on his way to Catholic Familyland, but is coming here first for a couple days stay before heading there.  He just wanted to come back and visit!  I think that’s great – his father, mother and brother came (twice already,).  So, we will see “Pete” on Wednesday this week.

I think I’m going to do a fire pit tonight, and just relax outside and get some fresh air – now that the humidity is breaking a little.

Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: