St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

St. Teresa of Avila

I just could not say it better than the post I’m linking you to below.  St. Teresa is one my saint pals that I rely on and intercess through continually, along with my group of St. Clare of Assisi, St. Catherine of Laboure, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, St. Joan of Arc, St. Josemaria Escriva, and Padre Pio.  I have long adopted this group as my communal prayer partners and solicited help from them throughout my life. They all hold a special place and reason of adoption; St. Joan is my confirmation patron, St. Catherine is the patron of my daughter, her middle name, because of the dire need to make it through the pregnancy with her, (complications of placenta previa). We have a relic of St. Clare here at home, that we cherish dearly. St. Elizabeth Ann Seton I turn to for motherhood and education; Padre Pio helped me find my dear husband; St. Josemaria Escriva because he shows this mother how to live a deeply spiritual life in ordinary life, and not just stay shallow on the surface of it all….but to see spiritual value in all of it and to help my children see through spiritual eyes, not secular eyes.  His feast day was placed on my birthday a few years back!  I felt a sign of true connection, that I had the right Saint fighting for my and my family’s spiritual good.

These are the heavenly people I hope to see and meet and greet one day, among my dearest friends and family, as I finish the race here on earth.  They are my friends of heaven.

Today we commemorate the feast of St. Teresa of Avila, a true spiritual leader.  May she inspire you to move forward in your own spiritual life, drawing breadth and depth in it.

St. Teresa of Avila: Why you can't seem to progress in the spiritual life

No comments: