St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, April 28, 2014

DNA results…..

So, some of my DNA testing results are finally starting to come in.  So far I am a Maternal line:   J2B1A

I am a bit surprised and not surprised.  I don’t have my entire Ancestry composition, but basically a my category is a subgroup of the J category, which might make more sense (Slovak, likely).

Here’s what my profile says:

  • Haplogroup: J2, a subgroup of J
  • Age: more than 20,000 years
  • Region: Europe, Near East
  • Example Populations: Dutch, German, Spanish, Italian
  • Highlight: J2 may have entered Britain with invading Anglo-Saxons.

Both sides, my father and mother certainly were heavy with German heritage.  So, apparently I’m not as Irish/Welsh as we might have thought, but favor the more Slovakian German side.

This is all the composition results yet, so I will update later as more come in.

No comments: