St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, December 12, 2015

Feast Day of Our Lady of Guadalupe

I'm not sure when or exactly how it happened that I came across and began my admiration and devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe in my youth, but it did happen.  When I was wed 28 years ago, my husband's gift to me was a huge beautifully framed image or Our Lady of Guadalupe, which has continued to hang in our dining room all these years.  Our Lady's story, with Juan Diego is certainly worth reading, watching, researching.  And if you are a non-believer in the Blessed Virgin and honor that Catholicism and some other faiths uphold, I ask you approach this with an open heart and mind.  Maybe the recent National Geographic article will help you into further understanding.   How the Virgin Mary became the World's Most Powerful Woman.  


And then, there's this episode of the popular PBS TV series:  Wishbone, in which the little dog Wishbone himself, portrays the part of Juan Diego, who the Blessed Mother appeared to.   It was titled:  Viva Wishbone!,  and aired Nov. 23, 1995.  How well I remember it!  I was quite delighted and surprised at the same time that this topic of the Blessed Mother, and one the very famous apparitions appeared on national TV!  You can the episode here at YouTube:  

May Our Lady bless you with her continued prayers on behalf of mankind......
Our Lady of Guadalupe, Pray for Us!


No comments: