St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, August 04, 2006

Book Meme



Mahalo to my friend Esther at A Catholic Mom in Hawaii; she's tagged me with the Book Meme.

So here goes:


1. ONE BOOK THAT CHANGED YOUR LIFE:

The Art of Natural Family Planning (no kidding!) John & Sheila Kippley


2. ONE BOOK THAT YOU'VE READ MORE THAN ONCE:

The Privilege of Being a Woman, by Dr. Alice von Hildebrand


3. ONE BOOK YOU'D WANT ON A DESERT ISLAND:

In Conversation with God, (any one of the seven volumes); Fr. Francis Fernandez .


4. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU LAUGH:

Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! by Susie Lloyd


5. ONE BOOK THAT MADE YOU CRY:

A Dog of Flanders by Ouida (try it, you'll agree)


6. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD BEEN WRITTEN:

...Hmm, can I get back to you on this one...???


7. ONE BOOK THAT YOU WISH HAD NEVER BEEN WRITTEN:

The Brady Bunch Files, by Lauren Johnson


8. ONE BOOK YOU'RE CURRENTLY READING:

Saint Catherine Laboure and the Miraculous Medal (Vision Books) Yes, one of my children's books!


9. ONE BOOK YOU'VE BEEN MEANING TO READ:

Rise, Let Us Be on Our Way by Pope John Paul II


10. TAG FIVE OTHERS:

Parente Adventures
The Flying Buttress
A Gypsy Caravan
Life is Beauty
Sweetness and Light
AND:
Cay's Cajun Cottage!


4 comments:

Esther said...

I have to get that book Please Don't Drink the Holy Water! BTW, I love the Vision Books. I was collecting them for a while. I still have a few more to get though. Good list!

Denise said...

Yes, the Vision books are good. We also like the Mary Fabyan Windeatt saint stories, especially the one on St. Thomas Aquinas - it's a good one for young people.

Susie Lloyd (Please Don't drink the Holy Water) is an enjoyable writer, (and a homeschooling mom of many daughters). She writes often for Latin Mass magazine and I look forward to her articles.

Blessings!
Denise

Cay in La. said...

I can't believe you didn't tag me!
Whaaaa!!! :) Just kidding...well, maybe. ;)

Denise said...

You know, I thought about you first and figured you'd been tagged already!
Ok, that's it, we know The Flying Buttress will take forever :) Sorry Tomas!
I'm adding you to the tag! No one said there were any rules to this blog game - and one participant tagged anyone that read their Meme.

This is like a baker's dozen: a book reader's half a dozen!
Blessings,
Denise