St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, August 11, 2006

Feast of St. Clare of Assisi


One of my favorite saint's feasts today: St. Clare of Assisi. Perhaps I admire Saint Clare so because of her tremendous love of the Lord's Presence in the Blessed Sacrament. Being a First Communion teacher and a Perpetual Adoration adorer, St. Clare's example of strong faith in Christ's Real Presence and great devotion to the Eucharist nourish my faith and belief as well. May she do the same for you.

St. Clare of Assisi, Pray for Us!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



Poetry Friday!

Yes! I finally remembered Poetry Fridays! Are you all proud of me, or what? :)

Okay. I love poetry immensely; I love the long and involved poems such as Tennyson's work ( i.e. The Lady of Shalott). But today, I'm starting out short and simple.

Enjoy!


Heaven Is What I Cannot Reach!
by Emily Dickinson

Heaven is what I cannot reach!
The apple on the tree,
Provided it do hopeless hang,
That "heaven" is, to me.

The color on the cruising cloud,
The interdicted ground
Behind the hill, the house behind, --
There Paradise is found!

No comments: