St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, June 15, 2012

Friday Daybook Entries…


Outside my window....

     bright beautiful sunshine

I am thankful for...

     being here with my family

I am thinking about...

     my father’s orphan records from St. Aemilian’s-Lakeside in Wisconsin where he lived in the orphanage in the early 40s.  I’ve requested the records.

Learning all the time...

     along with my children at the library programs; there is one today, as well as genealogy research which brings me closer to the truth of how my father lived the early years of his life orphaned.

From the kitchen....

     not sure what I’m doing for dinner tonight

I am creating...

     more memories for our family history as I add to it with valuable information

I am working on...

     genealogy

I am going...

     library program at noon

I am hoping

     for closure in regard to my father’s upbringing

I am reading...

     Jenny McCarthy & Dr. Jerry Kartzinel’s book on Autism

I am praying for...

     my oldest son right now, his talents, his motivation, his future career, but just his getting through his senior year of college this next school season.

I am hearing...

     birds outside the open window

Around the house...

     nothing much except remnants from a Wednesday birthday party – good times!

One of my favorite things...

     satisfaction.  To have been working on something and seeing it come together to completion.

A few plans for the rest of the week...

     celebrating Father’s Day and hopefully visiting my almost 90 yr old father in law this weekend

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

     the 1940 Federal Census for Wisconsin.  It is April 1940, 5 months after my father’s mother died, and he is 6 yrs old, living with his two brothers, 11 and 4, and his father, and his 75 yr old great aunt, who has moved in with them to help.  The following year would find him in a Milwaukee orphanage. They are the second family on the roster.

1940 United States Federal Census

No comments: