St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Wednesday Daybook


Outside my window....

beautiful cooler breeze coming in

I am thankful for...

my family and over 100 friends who wished me Happy Birthday yesterday between my Facebook and email

I am thinking about...

a lot of ancestry – family tree stuff – mostly the German heritage

Learning all the time...

receiving and reading enlightening information from the past – a real eye opener.

From the kitchen....

I would just like another cup of hot coffee…going to do that next

I am creating...

a wonderful family tree – on line currently, but will transfer it to publication

I am working on...

several things (see above) and also VBS and home schooling organization

I am going...

with my family and mother to have church directory pictures taken this evening

I am hoping...

our finances see better days soon

I am reading...

nothing hefty, just ancestry notes and family stories right now

I am praying for...

healing for my father and mother’s family where it is needed – I see huge wounds that only God can address and bring peace

I am hearing...

some loud trucks from the Minerva dairy up and down our street

Around the house...

I am remembering all the years spent in this house, as a single person with only her dog, a newly married person, a new mother and a mother now for many years.  And how this house reminds me of my ancestors that have gone before me, living in similar houses throughout Wisconsin and Ohio, and it reminds me to stay frugal and not be too extravagant in my life, that simplicity is best.  If Grandma Burg could wake up to just a cup of coffee and toast and an egg, and sit in her rocker, and watch children all day, living a simple life….I can too, it’s in my blood!

One of my favorite things...

quiet evenings around the fire pit with my children telling me about the day’s events

A few plans for the rest of the week...

a Thursday appointment and two graduation parties!  One Friday evening and one Saturday afternoon

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

001

Louisa Heltz – my paternal great great grandmother

No comments: