St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, October 26, 2012

Freaky Friday…indeed

So today I’m preparing for the usual fare…school, shopping, cooking…getting ready for a big weekend which includes a Saints program at our parish and a youth group session with the teens.

I am very tired this week…thinking my thyroid (and bad diet) are starting to get to me.  I definitely burn the candle at both ends and I’m just not that young anymore…maybe ten years ago I could keep up this pace, but now in my early 50s….not so much.

I am still eagerly awaiting my subscription to Magnificat to start and come to my mailbox….it’s due for November…but no sign of it yet.  I’m worried having gone through a middle party for it, the sub wasn’t processed correctly.  I hope that’s not true and it will come _ even today_.  That would make my day!

Praying for my children, their formations, educations and direction in life.  I start to panic sometimes when I think about what they face in the future.  I know I can not always be there.  Right now I’m content they are such faithfilled and faithful young Catholic Christians, wanting to do good and be selfless.  That’s a good start.  But I think about what kind of life they will have, economy, health….and I just shudder.  May God’s wisdom and guidance and protection always be theirs.

Also anticipating Frankenstorm….yes some terrible storm creation from the Atlantic due to the hit the east coast and move inward by early next week.  I guess we’ll see what happens….

No comments: