For students in graduating classes through 2013, this includes earning:
- Four credits in English language arts (One unit is generally equivalent to one school year),
- Half a credit in health,
- Three credits in math,
- Half a credit in physical education,
- Three credits in science, including one of biological sciences and one of physical sciences,
- Three credits in social studies, including half a year of American history and half a year of American government, and
- Six credits in electives, including either one unit or two half units in business, technology, fine arts or a foreign language.