St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, September 27, 2013

Friday Daybook


Outside my window....Beautiful sunshine, breezy day

I am thankful for...being able to home school my children and be at home most of the time with them; and now have a job that I am also able to do from home

I am thinking about...a few special moms that helped mentor me in both home schooling, my faith, and religious education; without them paving the way and offering guidance I would not be where I am today.

Learning all the time...I am learning more algebra and way more Latin than I ever imagined :)   And I am learning that people really do hold grudges – forever, which is such a shame.  I have also learned this last summer to never say never….you just never know what God has in store for you.

From the kitchen....nothing much at the moment, but thinking about dinner; we moved our fast from meat to Wednesdays where it works with our family better (and still includes a legit fast day per Christian Orthodox teaching)..So today may bring a meat dinner, but I haven’t even thought that far ahead yet.

I am creating...more comfort, peace and a gentle learning environment at home and in the bible study my husband and I will oversee next month

I am working on...My Lego information for my classes at co-op; my music selection for the music I teach there also; and an order list for crafts

I am going...to the library later for my son’s Algebra enrichment course

I am hoping...for more sleep

I am reading...mostly my lesson plans and encouragement, and my daughter’s college guidebook for certification, on writing tutors (she is now a nationally certified writing tutor, in both written and oral communication).

I am praying for...healing in mind and soul; and for many friends who need prayers

I am hearing...a lot of crickets and birds outside….and the light hum of the floor fan

Around the house...I pretty much see a mess here and there

One of my favorite things...Waking up in the morning to sitting in bed, sipping my coffee and having my devotional “me” time before I get into the mix of the day

A few plans for the rest of the week...The weekend will bring work at church, having to go in an organize PSR resources/items on Saturday…drop off sign –up sheets in the church gathering spaces; preparing for catechetical Sunday recognition, so checking on certificates and my church mail that comes.  Then, Monday brings a therapy appointment for one, son, Tuesday brings another son’s birthday, and Wednesday brings my mother’s birthday; Thursday brings the start of our new local co-op, and Sunday brings the blessing of our 25th wedding anniversary and dinner out together.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...very silly, but it made me smile :)

corn-maze-for-blondes2

2 comments:

Chris said...

Enjoyed your daybook.....:)
Funny tnat I had a DB in draft titled "Late Sept daybook" which I was really looking fwd to adding pics to and finalizing but then yesterday afternoon, I was HIT like a ton with some stomach thing. So I guess it will be "Early October Daybook" at this point! I'm better now....but still weak. Have not eaten since yesterday AM and hubby is making pasta now for all after a day on the soccer field. I joined them and had to go to the car to sleep in the last quarter! But at least Is aw some of it.
Congrats to your dd!!
And boy I wish that we had an algebra course around here...but algebra basics,,,forget enrichment.:) Good for him that he's advanced!
oxoxoxo
Enjoy all you have going on a t church too!

Home School Mom: Denise said...

Oh Chris, I hope you're doing better! There's some stomach bug going around here too...hoping it doesn't catch us! Got all my church work done, lots of photocopying and going through mail. I decided I need a portable file bin, that I could put teacher's name tags on and have them stash signed papers, etc into for me - and I can put their correspondence in for them in some central location....(Ok, I digress!) LOL Anyhoo...yes, the algebra is working out well..it can be tricky -- need lots of support and resources for that. This is also a good resource to look up problems, and it's free: https://www.khanacademy.org/

Thanks for stopping by!! God bless and have a great Sunday :)
xoxox