St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

New loves and sweet memories

Lately, thanks to my dear husband, I have found a new love: Ruggles Greek Frozen Yogurt.  Oh the sweet memories it invokes of my growing up in Salt Lake City Utah, and stopping after drama and dance classes to buy a frozen yogurt on the way home.  It was sold at this awesome, very missed mall…Trolley Square.  I recently looked on their foods listing, but alas, no frozen yogurt bar…that I could see. 

I also wore wooden clogs sold from s special shop at Trolley Square…they were very popular out west in the 70s; anything I could do to be different while wearing a private school uniform!  I even wore Givenchy textured hosiery to be different. 

 

Hmm…let’s see, when I was a teenager growing up in Salt Lake City, I also drove around in a Toyota Corolla four door sedan; I adored Babe perfume from Faberge’, I carried a red back pack, and tried to eat a Gyro from the Greek Souvlaki downtown on State Street every weekend :)  I think I’m making myself home sick!  I’ve been in the east for over three decades now.

Thanks for following me down memory lane…..

No comments: