St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, October 01, 2007

Speaking of....Heaven


Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Heaven..
..But Never Dreamed of Asking..
By Peter Kreeft

I mentioned this book in the Heaven Meme I just posted today. I think I'll have to re-read it now - I do remember it being very enlightening and comforting. My friend Esther will be happy to know that in the "fourteen questions about Heaven" section, question #10 is: "Are there animals in Heaven? and the answer begins: "The simplest answer is: Why not?....." and then later: "Scripture seems to confirm this" 'thy judgments are like the great deep; man and beast thou savest, O Lord.' Animals belong in the "new earth" as much as trees." Rev. 21:1 (that is all explained in this book!).


So glad to have touched upon thoughts of Heaven today! We should do this more often!

2 comments:

Joey said...

Great! I love animals and I am glad to hear that there is a chance animals will be in heaven too.

Home School Mom: Denise said...

Hi Joey!

I know, I'm glad to know of this also; there is really a lot more to it, as Peter Kreeft describes and it all sounds in favor of pet/animal lovers :-) I somehow can't imagine Heaven without my several cats (and various other assortment of pets) and one very special hunting dog, "Raskol" who was my faithful buddy for 13.5 years.

Thanks for stopping by!
Blessings,
Denise