St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, October 05, 2007


Thank you to Joey of: Catholic Homeschooled Teens for nominating me for the Mathetes Award. What does this mean? Those nominated exhibit Excellence in Discipleship, or act "in the role of a disciple of Christ." I am very honored. Mahalo Joey!

And so, I too must nominate five bloggers I feel act in the "role of a disciple of Christ." I have just the five in mind; please stand up, take a bow and listen to the cyber-applause because you deserve it!

Life is Beauty
Praying for Grace
Sweetness and Light
Catholic Analysis

Spirit & Life (although I don't think Fr. Euteneuer will see this - but he is certainly a disciple of Christ and God bless him for truly fighting the good fight for Life!)

Here are the details of the original blog post:

"Mathetes is the Greek word for disciple, and the role of the disciple (per the Great Commission) is to make more disciples. I'd like to take the opportunity to award five other bloggers with this award and badge for acting in the role of a disciple of Christ. These five all share the message in their own creative ways, and I admire them all for what they do.

In the spirit of this award, the rules are simple. Winners of this award must pick five other "disciples" to pass it on to. As you pass it on, I just ask that you mention and provide links for (1)this post as the originator of the award (Dan King of management by God), (2) the person that awarded it to you, and then (3) name and sites of the five that you believe are fulfilling the role of a disciple of Christ. If you know of other deserving recipients of this award, and would like to start a new string, then please post a link to where you've started in the comments to this post. I would love for many deserving bloggers to be blessed with this recognition."

3 comments:

Sweetness and Light said...

Oh Denise, YOU are too sweet!! I'll try and get mine up this week, bless you dear heart!

Barbara said...

Thank you, Denise! You are very kind, and I am very humbled that you would consider me a disciple of Our Lord! God Bless You!

Home School Mom: Denise said...

You are all so welcome. I'm glad you discovered it!

God bless!
Fight the good fight!
Denise