St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, August 28, 2009

On this very rainy day in Ohio....College Orientation..


Three years ago when I began this blog, I had no idea how it would be home schooling any one of my children all the way into college. Today, I can say with experience it has been done! Yes, today, my oldest is at his orientation weekend and begins his first semester on Monday, following an Art major, business minor track. See: Mount Union College. It's a pretty exciting time, and many of we parents will be at the college later today for some special welcoming ceremonies. I'm proud that Doug has worked so hard the last couple years, including school work and holding down a job all the while, pursuing his career in art. He recently won another art competition, the biggest one for him yet. I'm grateful we home schooled for the last 13 years, and can't imagine another 13 years ahead..but indeed, we have another 13 years to go as our youngest begins his education with Kindergarten in our home school this following Monday as well. Three students left to work with at home. I think it's safe to say, it's a blank canvas right now...and only God knows what will be painted on it by the end of each child's journey at home with schooling. I trust in Our Lord, and leave it in His wise and all-knowing hands.


No comments: