St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Adam

"Christmas Adam", a phrase my 12 yr old refers to the day before Christmas Eve; get it now? Yeh, it took me a minute too :)

So indeed it is that day; a lot of hustle bustle for me....last minute details, baking, running to the church to sort through angels and shepherd clothing for the nativity choir....reserve signs on pews...music stands...our pastor peeking in at us....the church beautifully decorated. At some point I hope to pause and truly adore our King deeply in my heart; putting aside all the physical activity, even all the exhaustion......and just "be still." It may not happen when I want it to, but eventually I will recognize the moment, like the small whisper Elijah heard at mount Horeb (1 Kings 19:9).....

There is no mistake that, that whisper is the voice of God, so small like the baby we recognize him to be.

May God grant you pause, the whisper of his voice and the presence of his infanthood over this holiday season.

No comments: