St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Ten Days and counting....

Ten days to Christmas.  I do not think a year has gone faster for me personally.  This year has had incredible ups and very challenging downs -- in fact, I am still in the roller coaster of it all.  I have decided to begin a Novena to Blessed Marianne Cope, asking for healing for one of my sons and restoration of a more normal life in our home.  There is a lot of healing for each of us that needs to take place; some of us are taking it better than others, and some are finding it hard to deal with.  I pray for a great turnaround and to make much improved progress where this son is concerned.  I know with God, all things are possible. I truly believe in intercessory prayer, not just for those alive on this earth, but that the souls who are still alive (more alive than ever) in heaven...they can pray  for us to our Lord, as our friends would here.  And so I ask it of my friends in heaven.....as well as my friends on earth.

Is she not the most beautiful soul?  Blessed Marianne Cope

I pray for a better more excellent new year in our homes, among our families and friends.  I pray for my own personal strength and health - the discipline I need to lose another 15 pounds and get better control of my body weight and aches and pains.  

This year has marked such a change in the dynamic of our home life and home schooling.  I could not have imagined it.  Although we use the same program, there are different participants in the way of my children using it.  I hope it will create the excellent academic results it did for my oldest two, who at this point have now come home on break to stay for a month, having completed finals, and as it looks, retained their great scholarships and did very well both in their own regard.  One a junior, one a freshman.  Cheers to them!

As we finish out this week and do half a week next week, then break, I prepare my mind, heart and soul mostly for the celebration of the birth of our Lord and King.  Remembering He was born first into a family, and holds families dear ....with that I can rest peacefully this night.

Many blessings, on this the third week of Advent.

No comments: