St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, June 21, 2013

Free-fall Friday

It has been quite a week already….longest week ever!

I’ve made some people angry, they’ve made me angry.  I’ve made some people have to call me out on some things, and I in turn have had to explain myself – all innocent, I might add.  It’s not like I’m plotting to take over the world :)  But, rather, just wasn’t being cautious about boundaries.  Now that I’ve had this brought to my attention – I’m vigilant.

Since I began training for my new job position, which is very involved  I might add, things have happened….lots of things.  Life just keeps flying at me full speed ahead, that’s for sure.

Recently:

My successes: learning to keep my mouth shut.

My failures:  opening my mouth and suffering repercussions, then being humbled, then learning to keep my mouth shut.  AND having to apologize.  I have no problem with apologizing, in fact, I highly recommend it be done more often by more people.

My revelations:  I definitely do not know.it.all. 

My angst: people that criticize things they have no clue about it and are just guessing at. 

Negativity.  I’m really tired of it.  And snarky attitudes and remarks.  I very much appreciate the sweet Christian response – common sense, and respect that I WISH all adults had. 

Reflecting:

My life has taken on a complete change lately. While some things stay stationery and remain the same, like our home schooling lifestyle, and faith formation and standards, other things around us are rapidly changing.

Sadly, our neighbors with 8 children are in the midst of a nasty divorce and custody battle.  My heart aches for all of them, and I find myself lying awake some nights just thinking of them.  My children miss their children that have been their street playmates for 8 years now.  It’s a tough transition.  A very rough change.  It affects the whole neighborhood.

And of course, with my job and training, the dynamics of our home will change further.  It will mean more effective scheduling and enforcing those schedules in the home daily and weekly.  It can be done.  My kids are pretty good at cooperating and they’re happy I have a job that will keep me home.

In the meantime, I pray.  I pray a lot.  And I pray for the good of so many beloved families that have touched my heart all these years.  It hurts to see families deteriorate and feel helpless.  So, I turn to God for those families. And I pray that if there is a way I can personally help, it come clears.

Woman28

No comments: