St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Sharing a special student & friend's talents...Gina French

Not to brag....but rather promote :) I love this girl!..we went to the same Catholic grade school and later Catholic high school growing up in SLC Utah, and she was several years behind me. I offered guitar lessons one summer, because so many younger classmates around the area were asking, and Gina became one of them. She was only 10 years old, and she walked to my house every Saturday to learn. She was terrific, and although I don't remember how long we were at it, a year plus or two..??...I did get her started and those seeds grew full grown! I still hear so many fundamental techniques in her playing that I taught, as well as in her voice. She has gone on to make music her career, and continued to develop her talents over the years, with hard work and passion. She now lives in Seattle WA, and plays at many of the local establishments. I'm so pleased she has made a name for herself and has a following -- please take time to listen to her and become a fan on ReverbNation, and LIKE and share!! I just wanted to take a moment to share her here! Enjoy!!  Also scroll down my blog to the right and you'll find a widget that play several of her authentic pieces.



No comments: