St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, January 07, 2014

A Few of My Favorite Things 2014

Every year I share some of things that have become my favorites through the past year.  You might remember things like: my Acer Aspire One Netbook, or Newman’s Special Roast Organic Coffee, or KIND Nutritional Snack Bars.

This year I am loving more than ever, candles….doesn’t necessary have to be a Yankee Candle…although those are fabulous; but any kind of luscious smelling, homey comfy candle.  I love to burn these through the winter.

One single electric candle burning in the evening in my kitchen window. A welcoming and warming sight both inside and out.  It brings joy and peace and calm to my heart as I work in the kitchen.

Amish Ham, slow cooked in my old speckled roaster all day in the oven, with nice fluffy yeasty roll dough rising on top of the oven.

A new find in a delightful little champagne (our treat for the new year); just delicious! Barefoot Pink Moscato Bubbly (goes wonderfully with that ham above).

Ponds Facial Cleanser Wipes; I know, cheap and quick :), exactly!  I don’t have a lot of primp time, (and I’m not a hair person either!)

Still a favorite….Covergirl Advanced Radiance Foundation (I use Buff Beige) It is like a moisturizer with easily blendable coverage…great beauty balm.

And a lovely Christmas soap that I also gave away as gifts this year, that leaves the most beautiful fragrance (Snowdrop), whether using in the bath, shower or as a hand soap; I just love it:  Swedish Dream Christmas Soap

And a quick pick-me-up when weary, fatigued or headachey: Peppermint, pure essential oil, to sniff, dab on temples and back of neck.

Shows I am enjoying this January – FRINGE, the TV series that ended with their 5th season earlier this year (that I never got to see…now watching it on Netflix)…..and Downton Abbey, returned for its 4th season.  I find it a bit controversial or Americanized this time around and has watched it previously before it aired here in the states,….but won’t give any spoilers, other than, if you have youngsters watching…be warned, the content becomes quite mature and immoral.

No comments: