St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, January 08, 2007

Catholic Alphabet Meme












My friend Esther has tagged me for this special and clever Meme.

Catholic Alphabet Meme


[A is for apparitions - your favorite]: Our Lady of Guadalupe

[B is for Bible - the one you read most often]: Ignatius, Revised Standard (mine is signed by Kimberly Hahn :)

[C is for Charism - the one you would most like to have]: Understanding, and lots of it!

[D is for Doctor of the Church - your favorite]:St. Therese the Little Flower (same as Esther - great Catholic mom-minds think alike :)

[E is for Essential Prayer - What's yours?]: My night prayer w/examination of conscience

[F is for Favorite Hymn]: Hail Holy Queen (Salve! Salve! Salve Regina!)

[G is for Gospel - your favorite author?]: Mark

[H is for Holy Communion - How would you describe it, using one word?]: Heavenly

[I is for Inspiration - When do you feel most inspired by God?]: Eucharistic Adoration, like those answering before me - indeed, Adoration does a lot for immersing one in the inspiration (and Presence) of God.

[J is for Jesus - When did you first meet Him?]: I would also say in Baptism as an infant, but in memory - when I made my First Holy Communion at age 8 - and I truly remember that!

[K is for Kindness - Which saint or person has most inspired you by their kindness?] St. Vincent de Paul

[L is for liturgical year - your favorite time in the liturgical cycle?]: Actually, I've always enjoyed and grown a lot through this time of "ordinary" time as in: right now!

[M is for Mary, the Mother of God - Your favorite term of endearment for her]: Mary Most Holy

[N is for New Testament - Your favorite passage]: Romans 12:12

[O is for Old Testament - Your favorite Book here]: Esther (not kidding, Esther G!)

[P is for Psalms - your favorite]: "Be still and know that I am God", Ps 46:10

[Q is for quote - saint quote]: "There are more tears shed over answered prayers than over unanswered prayers." St. Teresa of Avila

[R is for rosary - your favorite mysteries]: Mysteries of Light

[S is for Saint - the one you turn to in time of need - not including the Blessed Virgin Mary]: St. Teresa of Avila

[T is for Tradition - your favorite Catholic tradition]: Ash Wednesday

[U is for university - Which Catholic University have you attended or are currently attending?]: Do Presbyterian colleges count?! :) In that case, Westminster College (Utah).

[V is for Virtue - the one you wish you had]: Patience also.

[W is for Way of the Cross - Which station can you most relate to?]:
Eighth Station: Jesus meets the weeping women.

[X is for Xaverian Brothers - Do you know who they are?]: No, actually I don't.

[Y is for your favorite Catholic musician]: Dana (does "singer" count)?

[Z is for Zeal for the faith]: Zeal! I wish whoever is reading this, lots of it!

I tag: anyone who'd like to do this meme! (Let me know so I can read yours too).

2 comments:

Johnny-Nobody said...

I will do this later on today.

EC Gefroh said...

Good answers Denise! I really enjoyed reading them.
God bless,