St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Can we talk...?...about dry eyes and thyroid disorder...

....does that remind you of Joan Rivers?..."can we talk"?...her famous lead-in to humorous or intimate critique of something or someone....usually good for a little laugh.  

Well, my dry eyes due in part to my thyroid disorder really aren't a laughing matter, but I can and still do laugh at myself.  I'm aging...that's the truth of it, and one doesn't age as gracefully with thyroid problems.  A good working thyroid makes menopause more of a breeze.....which mine has definitely not been....its been more like a tidal wave ...with all it's ups and downs and twists and turns pouring over me, my mind and body for three years now....the side effects of which I can't begin to describe.   One such difficulty is recurrent and persistent dry eyes....so uncomfortable ....

I have a friend who has suffered with Grave's Disease for many years now and recently had eye surgery to correct a problem that sometimes arises with the eyes due to the disease.  This friend just recommended two products for me to try, one of which I am already getting relief from.  GenTeal Lubricant Eye drops, (I picked mild to moderate), and Refresh P.M. Eye Gel lubricant for nighttime.  

Thank God for little favors.....and great friends :)

No comments: