St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, November 26, 2012

Advent is nearing…

I do not enjoy the busyness of the “holiday” season…but I do enjoy Advent immensely.  In many ways I wish we could stay in Advent longer..the spiritual enrichment and benefits of the season are so seeping and deepening….in the cold of winter…when all is dreary and gray…there is this spark of hope and light within.  I am grateful for the spiritual seasons the Church gives us to help guide us spiritually….I am grateful for spiritual writers that draw upon scripture and other inspiring, insightful writings, to share with us for our own enrichment.  I share with you one such author of the series In Conversation with God, Fr. Francis Fernandez Carvajal.  Fr. Francis draws upon the rich writings of St. Josemaria Escriva and his inspirational spiritual guidance along with a  host of other excellent saints, Popes, encyclicals and scriptures.

Pictured here is the Advent & Christmastide Volume 1

Also for little snippets of spiritual inspiration to meditate on at any time…I love St. Josemaria Escriva’s writings at the touch of your laptop or tablet…at Escriva Works.

And if you wish to learn more about St. Josemaria Escriva….do watch the movie There Be Dragons….It is such a great way to learn about this exceptional newer saint and how ordinary life and working with God within it is your path to holiness.  And there is an incredible Pro-life twist to the movie….I will not give away!!….(I watched it on Netflix, by the way).

There is no greater gift than forgiveness.

No comments: