St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, November 03, 2012

The beautiful My November Guest by Robert Frost [below] sums up my sentiments for November. 
It seems through the years that November has brought both its fleeting last days of beauty as it surrenders to winter, change, and sometimes grief. This November, while still so young, is no different. 

Many Novembers we have lost loved ones to death.  I’m not sure why there have been so many that have left us in November (it would be a good question for God), but it has been so with us as a family. And I suppose fittingly so, as we have just celebrated All Souls, and prayed for those that have gone before us. My husband and I think back to all the funerals we have been to in November and even remember some of the music played for particular loved ones.  “How Can I Keep from Singing”, is one such hymn that stays in our hearts and minds still.

And so here we are in November.  I pray for all those so cruelly affected by Hurricane Sandy as they begin to face November; that all their immediate and long term needs are met quickly and sufficiently that they can put their lives back together and move forward.

Peace and healing+

No comments: