St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Monday, November 19, 2012

The Signing…

I can’t believe I’m actually doing this, but I’m sending a book off to Jake Tapper, Senior Correspondent, Washington DC, ABCNews, for him to autograph.  It’s his recently published book The Outpost.  I thought my husband would like it, so it’s his Christmas gift.  Jake actually spoke to me at his Facebook page, maybe because I had a sincere question….asking where I was to send the book for signing, etc.  I am so glad to know we could do it this way because it wasn’t likely I could out to any areas of book signings he’d be at – although that would have been so nice.  This is as close as rural Ohio gets to a senior correspondent :) So, the book gets sent this week.  Pretty cool.  I’m glad he gave us this option.  Works for me!

*as a side note I just want to say (and this is the ethical-moral part of me), that I can not believe the garbage and disrespect some people post on Facebook pages of people in the media.  Granted, they are opened up to that by the job itself, sure.  Jake Tapper has 26,600 followers. But still, I would never talk to someone the way some people do posting rude remarks and comments on this man’s FB.  wow.  I guess he might be use to it by now, but talk about a lack of respect.  Respect, people, RESPECT!

R-E-S-P-E-C-T.  WORD.

No comments: