St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Friday, May 25, 2012

Friday Daybook


Outside my window..

Lots of bright SUN,….very bright

I am thankful for...

quiet early morning hours

I am thinking about...

how it felt eight years ago this week when my father passed away

Learning all the time...

I am actually missing the excited feeling of learning along with others the beginnings of Catholic homeschooling; I’m reading other’s thoughts and posts on Mother of Divine Grace forums and re-kindling that wonderful spark and affirmation

From the kitchen

I have a new stand up indoor/outdoor grill! Very exciting to be grilling all kinds of foods – chicken breasts, steaks, fish filets; I think I’ll got for kabobs tonight

I am creating

nothing new ……

I am working on...

still organizing and cleaning the old; when you homeschool there is little time for real cleaning through the year and in the last two weeks I can not tell you HOW much debris of homeschooling for 13+ yrs got tossed from this home.  Papers and workbooks….years of it.  Not necessary to hang on to

I am going...

for three haircuts later, a little grocery shopping and picking up my son’s friend for a sleepover

I am hoping...

our finances won’t suffer as much because we have so many expenses lately

I am reading...

well…I started reading a book about a home schooling mom of eleven children who ends up in a terrible separation and divorce…but I couldn’t read it ~ so I began to read a children’s book I downloaded thinking my son would like it called The Kingdom of Patria series.   I am always looking for excellent literature for the children, and that sometimes means I have to do the homework of reading before passing it on to them.  (I usually do this with movies, It has to pass my inspection first for whatever child…as we have issues here)

I am praying for...

my mother as she faces this eighth anniversary week of the death of her beloved husband, my father.  Sunday mass is for his intention this weekend

I am hearing...

someone’s little alarm clock going off – dinging lightly sound

Around the house...

I haven’t seen the rest of the house yet this morning…still sipping coffee enjoying the quiet in my own bedroom

One of my favorite things...

beautiful smells…as in perfumes that aren’t heavy and clingy, but rather aromatic type fragrances, just like the beautiful shower gel AWAKEN from Arbonne – refreshing and pleasant…

A few plans for the rest of the week...

no real plans for the rest of the week-weekend really.  It’s Memorial Day weekend, that in itself is enough.  We stick around home, visit the cemetery, attend Mass, and my husband will have his day job off on Monday – he’ll work his evening job though as the store remains open for holiday sales

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

BLue MoonSwamp

I love this man.  If I hadn’t married my husband, well John Fogerty and Harrison Ford were next in line on my list of best choices :)   John’s music and voice can always make me smile!  Classic Americana…only he could write an album of blue moon swamp music….yea for sure, bayou style….

1 comment:

True Daughter of Mary said...

Sounds like a lovely morning!