St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Tuesday ponderings…

Feeling good after my spring fling!…yeh, all the clearing and cleaning and putting it out on the curb for the village to remove.  Got a lot done in our basement; still some more to do, but made a really good dent in the clutter and accumulation for the last several years that I couldn’t get to, especially last year because of being overly occupied with the attic re-model job. 

Recently, I had a note left on my door from the daughter of the family that lived in this house.  They were the people who originally had the house built in 1923, and wow, would I like to ask her a few questions!…..I called the number they left me back, left a message that they could come back and gave them some time frames. Seems the daughter is going to be moving to Florida permanently, soon, and wanted to see the house of her childhood, the house that dad built, one more time.  I don’t blame her.  I’m sure she has many, many memories here.  There were two daughters and a son living here.  My daughter lives in the room the daughters shared.  Our bedroom is the son’s room, and the boys live in the master bedroom with walk in closet, and original linoleum flooring that is very art deco. 

ATTICFLOORDECO

SOoooooooooooo, we are only the second family to have ever lived in this house.  Kind of amazing really.  When people stay put, in the same house pretty much their whole lives, this is what happens!  We have been here for 26 years now, myself for 27.  We have seen many neighbors come and go.  I can be accused of stability :)  We were such a transient family growing up I swore when I got married I wasn’t going anywhere!  I guess I’ve kept true on my promise!  However, in the next three years, we are looking at re-locating to a more populated area with more school and job opportunities.  That will be another chapter on the blogspot.

Until then, we continue to strive to keep things organized to help our home life and general every day living run smoothly.  I am no guru at any of this, I wonder many times why God has called me to this way of life, but I accept and trust that it is where he wants me and what he wants me to do.

Make it a great Tuesday where ever you are!

2 comments:

True Daughter of Mary said...

Okay, you just BLEW me away! Whhhhaaa? You're moving???Yikes! If you guys aren't going to be here, I don't want to, either! You and the Gillis fam are the only reasons we would ever stay.

Home School Mom: Denise said...

It's because of you! I figured in at least three years you'd be settled in Plain township by then!!! hahaha! Seriously, we are thinking more of moving because you've been thinking of it. I mean, at least we opened it up to conversation within the family, and everyone was like, well if the Jeffery's move to Canton, we'd like to move closer to where they'd be.. It would make more sense when Jamie graduates although sounds like she might want to live and work at MU forever...so we'll see...SURPRISE! hahaha