St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Saturday Ponderings...and prayers

This is probably one of the more quiet Saturdays of my life!  I awoke earlier than usual, probably anticipating so much going on this weekend; sipped my coffee, meditated on my readings and prayers in my Magnificat prayer book, and watched the sun grow brighter and stronger through the window.  It looks beautiful and clear out.  


Tomorrow marks a special event in our lives, but more so in the life of my 13 year old son, who receives the Sacrament of Confirmation along with his classmates from church.  I am very honored to have been asked to be a sponsor by one of my son's friends.  What wonderful young men they are, and how it does my heart good to know they are  being confirmed and practicing their faith. In fact, this is a particularly great group of young people.  I pray they will always stay close to God and church the rest of their lives.  I believe young people truly need the power and graces of this sacrament to make their way through the tough teen years into young adulthood and beyond.  
  
I also would like to ask for prayers for a neighbor who is going through a divorce and it is very sad and ugly indeed.  My heart goes out to their family and their 8 children :(   I pray for peace and resolve for all involved and any injustices done to be revealed and settled.  May God grant them the strength they need.




No comments: