St Gabriel Windows

St Gabriel Windows
Photocopy c. 2013 Jamie Laubacher

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Do you have a special “you” place?

I do.  It’s my enclosed front porch.  When I first moved into this house nearly thirty years ago now, I wasn’t sure I’d like the front porch.  Well, that all changed!  It is by far my favorite place in the house.  I have been looking out at the houses across that street for as many years as I can remember.  There’s a beautiful sunset happening as I write and it glows on the windows….I find this is my “thinking” place; my talking to God place, my lesson planning place, my place of peace, refreshment, reading enjoyment, a place that’s my own special get away, from the rest of the house.  I plant myself in a special, very old comfy chair, with a cup of coffee…my bible, a good story, my netbook at times….and just re-group.   I think every one needs their own space to recharge, that’s right there for them at a short distance.  If you don’t have one, I hope you can carve one out for yourself soon.  God bless+

No comments: